SENODE is an innovative music app based on the idea of finite state machines. It works like a polyphonic modular step sequencer with probabilistic steps. This app is perfect for generative music and complex sequencing setups. Senode syncronizes its clock to Ableton Link or integrates as AUv3 plugin. All actions are MIDI bindable, so the steps can be triggered in real time from drum pads, sensors or other apps – a real live-performance instrument!
Show description Hide description
"Senode is something quite different when it comes to sequencing" - Create Digital Music
"I highly recommend Senode to everyone who is interested in generative music. It's such a fun app to work with!" - haQ attaQ
"A Killer App!" - A4iRebirth
CREATE COMPLEX SEQUENCES WITH RANDOMIZATION
The core of Senode is a graph of nodes connected by edges. You decide if Senode acts like a simple vending machine or a complex pinball game. Each node triggers a sound when activated, while edges determine the direction of travel. Instruments are controlled by emitters which send their tokens onto the graph and generate MIDI signals. That means, you can compose a generative music piece for a whole orchestra using the graph notation and a couple of emitters! It gets more interesting if you add random directions or emit multiple tokens at different time positions.
GRAPHICAL MULTI-TOUCH INTERFACE
Compose and perform your music live using the intuitive multi-touch interface. Create, drag and connect nodes with multiple fingers. The on-screen keyboard helps you to visualize and edit notes easily.
The standalone app contains a simple but powerful subtractive synthesizer with main OSC (sine, saw, square, noise), sub OSC (sine), 1-pole lowpass filter, stereo reverb and ADSR envelope. Try the demo patches to get inspired!
MIDI CONTROL AND STEP RECORDING
Use the step record function to create new nodes on the fly, from single notes or using the chord detection. Use a drum kit, wearable sensors or any other MIDI device to control the steps of Senode. Enjoy the unique experience of being your own clock!
CONTROL MUSIC APPS AND EXTERNAL DEVICES
Senode is the perfect sequencer for all MIDI-capable apps. Play in sync with other apps using Ableton Link. Integrate with your favourite DAW using the AUv3 plugin (in-app purchase required). If you connect a MIDI interface, you can even control your hardware synths with the app.
Senode is made for live music performance. There are no default "beats" or "bars" and all actions are performed in real time. Tokens can be quantized to a clock (16th resolution) and support catch-up, which means you can hit all functions like a drummer "on the spot" and stay in sync, even if you're too early or a little late. By the way, the really cool stuff will happen if you break free from 4/4 bar schemes, start your sequences on off-beat timings or create crazy polyrhythmic cycles...
- innovative non-linear graphical sequencer with draggable multi-touch interface
- standalone app and AUv3 MIDI plugin (in-app purchase required) for iPad and iPhone
- unlimited notes or chords per step with velocity, legato or fixed-length notes
- unlimited number of steps and directions: cycles, randomized, one-shot
- multi-timbral patches with polyphonic emitters
- live arpeggiator mode with hold and monophonic option
- integrated polysynth with sine, square, saw and noise OSC, ADSR, filter, reverb
- real-time sequencer control with clock sync and catch-up quantization
- MIDI device input and output
- velocity-sensitive binding support for all sequencer operations like step, emit, tick, trigger or clear
- tempo and start/stop synchronization using Ableton Link
- step recording with chord detection
- copy and paste functionality
- transpose and clock divide functions
- comes with tutorial and example patches that you can instantly play
See senode.org for more details.