MIDI Sketch turns your iPad and iPhone into a music sketchpad. Quickly and easily compose melodies, chord progressions and drum patterns. It works with your favourite synths and music apps that support MIDI input. Once you are done, export the sketch as a MIDI file.
Show description Hide description
• Three simple note editing modes: pencil, edit and velocity
• Precisely edit a note's position and length on the timeline by zooming in to its exact location
• Select and edit multiple notes at the same time
• Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All and Delete actions are supported
• Velocity Mode: Select notes and drag your finger vertically to adjust their velocities
• Transpose an entire sketch by +/-24 semitones
• Adjust the grid’s vertical and horizontal zooms independently
• Import/export MIDI files*
• Supports the fully featured iOS 11 document browser
• Change the app that MIDI Sketch controls by configuring MIDI Output
• Bluetooth MIDI support: Advertise or Discover
• Adjustable tempo and sketch length
• Can be used in any orientation on iPhone and fully supports iPad multitasking
Note that the app itself does not produce any sound. It sends MIDI note messages to Core MIDI compatible apps and devices.
* If a MIDI file consists of multiple tracks they will be imported as separate sketches.