VADrumSM is a standalone mobile drum machine featuring a virtual analog drum synthesizer and a step sequencer. The virtual analog drum synthesizer supports AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions, which allows users to use the drum synthesizer inside of AUv3 hosts, such as Apple’s GarageBand®. The sequencer supports Ableton Link. You can synchronize the sequencer to Link-enabled apps and devices.
Show description Hide description
The drum synthesizer is inspired by the iconic analog drum machines of the 1980’s and features 21 drum voices. Sounds of the each drum voices are synthesized in real time by using component level modeling.
Pads function as XY controllers, XY controllers with trigger, or drum pads. When using pads as XY controllers, destination can be selected from tone/decay, level or pitch.
The step sequencer is designed to be intuitive and easy to program drum sequences. It is a 16 step sequencer and it has 3 accent level for the each step. Double hit mode allows to program two 32nd notes instead of the one 16th note. There are 4 patterns and can be chained to create 4 bar loop. There are 6 variations of swing, which can be applied in real time.
All XY parameters (tone, level and pitch) and voice switches can be automated, that gives a whole new sonic possibility.
17 output buses, including a mix output and 16 instrument outputs of Drum Synthesizer can be routed to main output and 4 aux mixers. AUv3 effects can be inserted to each channels. Sum of the 4 aux mixers outputs can be routed to Audiobus’s second output port.
- 21 analog modeling drum synthesizers, including 2 bass drums, 2 snare drums, 2 sets of low, mid and high toms, low, mid and high congas, rim shot, claves, hand clap, maracas, closed and open hi-hats, cymbal and cowbell.
- 3 Layers of 16 XY pad controls (Tone, Level, Pitch)
- Drum Pads Mode (Pad)
- Trigger Mode (On / Off)
- MIDI input (mid note events only)
- Output mix signal and all instruments signal
- Support Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
- 16 step sequencer
- Variable Pattern Length
- Parameter Automation
- Swing: 6 variations
- Accent: 3 level
- Double hit: on / off
- Pattern: 4 patterns
- Pattern Length: 1 bar
- Loop length: 1 bar or 4 bar
- Note length: 16th or 32nd
- Record quantization: 16th
- Chain mode: on / off
- Tempo: 20 BPM - 999 BPM
- Support Ableton Link
* Ableton Link requires Wi-Fi connections.
-Support Audiobus (main output and aux output)
User Guide is included in App and it is also available to download at developer's web site.