Create 3D scans using the 3D camera (FaceID or LiDAR) of your iPhone 13, 13 Pro, 12, 12 Pro, 11, 11 Pro, XS, XR, X or iPad Pro! Export scans into STL, PLY, GLB (glTF), share them and more. On other devices you can use the ordinary camera mode or the Screen Sharing feature.
Show description Hide description
The app is paid and is divided into two modes:
= 3D Scanner (Paid, requires one-time In-App Purchase)
- available only for the iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 12, 12 Pro, 13, 13 Pro and iPad Pro with TrueDepth camera and/or LiDAR sensor as an In-App Purchase (Why? Read more at the bottom.)
- create 3D models by scanning everyday objects
using the selfie TrueDepth camera (FaceID) and/or the rear LiDAR sensor
- after scanning, export the models into PLY (with colors)
and STL (without colors) file formats
- share exported models e.g. via built-in Wi-Fi server
- view the models in AR
- you can scan in pitch-dark environment and use Heges as a night vision camera!
- choose from the available scanning precisions — the higher
the precision, the shorter the scanner range
- to get the most accurate scans, you must use the selfie FaceID camera with 0.5MM Precision settings; do not use LiDAR if you need accurate scans
- the selfie FaceID camera is much more accurate than LiDAR (approx. one order of magnitude),
the models in the promo videos were scanned using the selfie FaceID camera
- use the selfie FaceID camera for scanning fine details (up to 2 millimeters accuracy with FaceID and 0.5MM Precision settings)
- use LiDAR for scanning large areas (e.g. houses, hallways, rooms, etc.), LiDAR is NOT suitable for scanning small objects with detail — use the selfie FaceID camera for this purpose
- objects in scanner range are highlighted in the live view
- switch to the passive Night Vision where there're no
explicit restrictions on the scanner range
- use the volume buttons as camera toggle
- share screen with another device so that you can better see what you're scanning (double-tap the video preview to enable it)
Instructions for the 3D scanner:
- move slowly when scanning
- make sure that most of the captured scene is within
the scanner range
- please read the FAQ at https://hege.sh/faq.html
The scanner isn't perfect and can fail when moving too fast or scanning a challenging environment (e.g. glass surfaces cannot be captured due to the nature of the TrueDepth sensor).
A NOTE FOR iPHONE 13 USERS: The iPhone 13 lineup introduced a new TrueDepth (FaceID) camera, which produces lower-accuracy results compared to older devices.
= Color camera mode
- available for all devices
- manual camera focus
- sharing photos via built-in Wi-Fi server
= Why don't you just make the app paid up front? Why the annoying In-App Purchase?
TL;DR: Apple doesn't allow this yet. The one-time In-App Purchase is a scam protection.
I absolutely agree with you — I wish I could make it paid up front (it would save me a lot of time), but to create 3D scans, Heges requires your iPhone/iPad to have the selfie FaceID camera.
If I made Heges paid up-front, even a person with e.g. iPhone 6S could purchase Heges, only to find out that it won't run on their phone (because iPhone 6S doesn't have FaceID).
As a developer, I can only check if your iPhone/iPad is supported once you open Heges, so in order NOT to "scam" people with unsupported devices, I decided to solve this problem with In-App Purchases: when you open Heges, it checks if your device is supported and if it is, you will be able to buy it. However, if you have an unsupported device, the "Buy" button will NOT appear so that you cannot accidentally purchase it.
If you have any questions just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be happy to help you :)!